Kim Casali’s Love is… written and drawn by Bill Asprey
Love is… the story behind the comic
To love, and be loved, is the most wonderful thing in the universe!
Originally created by Kim Casali as a way of expressing her feelings for her husband, Roberto, the Love is… characters and sentiments grew into the famous Love is… syndicated panels of the little naked boy and girl, first launched in The Los Angeles Times in 1970.
How I came to draw Love is…In 1975 I was picked by the creator, Kim Casali and her husband Roberto to take on writing and drawing the daily panels for her. Roberto passed away in 1976 and Kim, after a long battle with illness, passed away in 1997. Her eldest son Stefano, inherited her legacy. I continue to do the daily cartoons, now in my 44th year as the Love is… artist.
Kim Casali’s Love is… written and drawn by Bill Asprey -The familiar little black and white panels are syndicated in newspapers and magazines around the world by Tribune Media Services. To see the panels, now in colour, updated daily, on this website, please click here click.
Love is… and The Mail on Sunday
In 1978 I was asked by the UK’s leading national newspaper, The Mail on Sunday, to create a comic strip in colour for their weekend comics pages. I created this new style of “Love is…” exclusively for them, with the couple clothed, for the first time! Kim loved it, and it ran for many years until the Mail on Sunday closed down the comics page. I publish the daily panels and the colour comic every Sunday, so check back regularly!
Love is …is licensed in many countries. To enquire about licensing opportunities please click here.
Love is…Daily Panel
- Love is…Saturday 18 January 2020 18/01/2020
- Love is…Color Friday 17 January 2020 17/01/2020
- Love is…Friday 17 January 2020 17/01/2020
- Love is…Thursday 16 January 2020 16/01/2020
- Love is…Color Thursday 16 January 2020 16/01/2020
- Love is…Color Wednesday 15 January 2020 15/01/2020
- Love is…Wednesday 15 January 2020 15/01/2020
- Love is…Color Tuesday 14 January 2020 14/01/2020
- Love is…Tuesday 14 January 2020 14/01/2020
- Love is…Color Monday 13 January 2020 13/01/2020